Archive for November, 2010
posted by: designer in Jimmy Choo Shoes
Nothing says “I am edgy, awesome, and have excellent taste in shoes” like a pair of signature Jimmy Choo heels, you know? Winter isn’t exactly ideal for sandals or strappy heels – except for all those holiday parties, and in this pair of Jimmy Choo Jenna Chain Ankle-Wrap Suede & Leather Sandals (on sale for $529 at Nordstroms), you will no doubt be floating on air and feeling like a glam rock Cinderella waiting for the clock to toll midnight.
Holiday parties are ideal for shoes like this, but they’re perfect for a specific kind of party and made for a certain kind of woman. There’s something hard rock about these shoes, from the silhouette to the different colored chains connected to the unique ankle cuff. (more…)
posted by: designer in Gucci Shoes
I don’t know if you all have noticed this yet, but I kind of have a boot fetish. I have a really big boot fetish, and so I got more excited than I really should have when I stumbled over these Gucci Lola Boots ($990 at Saks). At first I thought the folks over at Saks had gotten a little creative – or high – with the circa 1987 slouch socks or something, and then I realized that the gorgeous, knitted wool pull-up there comes with the boot! Squee!
I love that! It is so inventive! Add into that the too good to be true silhouette of the boot itself, and I could literally just die. These are gorgeous. I can safely say I’ve never seen anything like them before and I very much want them to be mine. (more…)
posted by: Shomore in Spot the Shoe on Sale
Who here is shopping the Black Friday sales today? For me, I’ve pretty much given up going to the retail stores. Finding parking, trying to be the first to snatch a hot item, and waiting in long checkout lines tests my patience too much. Instead, I’m doing as much shopping as I can online with some of these deals.
- Over at Banana Republic, use coupon code BR40FRIDAY to save 40% off your purchase. This deal expires today, 11/26 at noon PST!
- GiltGroupe is having a designer final sale starting at 9am PST. Selection will be limited but the prices from those sales are amazing since there are no returns.
- At Endless.com, save 30% off regular-price boots, slippers and athletic shoe styles, as well as accessories, including watches and jewelry from their newly launched jewelry category. Expires 11/27.
- Piperlime‘s code ‘VIP’ allows you to save 25% off your purchase. Expires 11/28.
- Heels.com is offering $50 off Orders of $180 or More using ode gift50. Expires 11/28.
- With ShopBop‘s Big Event, you can save some by buying some. This deal expires 11/28.
- For boots at Koolaburra, save $50 off a $300 purchase using code KOOLBLACK. Expires 12/28.
- At ToryBurch, get a free Tory Burch tote with any purchase of $150+ AND receive 30% off purchases of $300 by using promo code GetGifts. Expires 11/29 and excludes Reva flats.
posted by: designer in Giuseppe Zanotti Shoes
They say that all that glitters is gold, but you know what? I’m not even that fond of gold. I’m a solid silver girl, so you can just imagine how I squealed over these Giuseppe Zanotti Glitter Mid-Heel Ankle Boots ($895 at Neiman Marcus). Sure, they sort of look like something Michael Jackson might have come up with back in his bejeweled glove heyday, and okay, I’m not exactly sure how often I would ever wear them, but I can’t help loving them all the same. They are just so bold. If you’re going to wear these boots out and about, even if it’s for a night out at a bar or club, it shows you’ve got serious courage and self-confidence.
The silhouette and style of these boots are the things that really do it for me. (more…)
posted by: designer in Tod's Shoes
First off, Happy Thanksgiving, all you fashionistas and shoe lovers! I hope your holiday is filled with good eats and sweet, turkey-stuffed dreams. In honor of the holiday, I went looking for something with a little color – the most appropriate color, of course: orange. These are Tod’s Patent Leather Ballet Flats ($395 at Saks), in a lovely tangerine shade. Lots of other colors are available; I chose these first to pay homage to the holiday and second because it’s been looking so grey and dreary around these parts, I thought a splash of color would be nice. After all, your shoes are often the best way to make a statement. A monochromatic outfit, a pair of bright shoes – what can be better than that?
Tod’s brand is great for color. It advertises this as red (more…)