Archive for the ‘Spot the Shoe on Sale’ Category
To celebrate theOutnet’s second anniversary, a $2 birthday bash is being conducted. 2000 lucky and randomly drawn entries will earn a ticket to the fabulous $2 sale. To enter, click here. As part of the entry, theOutnet will even sending you a free shipping code.
Today only, Bloomingdale’s is having a ‘Mad about Fashion’ event. It’s a great time to stock up on apparel and footwear for the spring. Savings come up to a bit over 30% depending on your spending level. Happy shopping!
Who here is shopping the Black Friday sales today? For me, I’ve pretty much given up going to the retail stores. Finding parking, trying to be the first to snatch a hot item, and waiting in long checkout lines tests my patience too much. Instead, I’m doing as much shopping as I can online with some of these deals.
- Over at Banana Republic, use coupon code BR40FRIDAY to save 40% off your purchase. This deal expires today, 11/26 at noon PST!
- GiltGroupe is having a designer final sale starting at 9am PST. Selection will be limited but the prices from those sales are amazing since there are no returns.
- At Endless.com, save 30% off regular-price boots, slippers and athletic shoe styles, as well as accessories, including watches and jewelry from their newly launched jewelry category. Expires 11/27.
- Piperlime‘s code ‘VIP’ allows you to save 25% off your purchase. Expires 11/28.
- Heels.com is offering $50 off Orders of $180 or More using ode gift50. Expires 11/28.
- With ShopBop‘s Big Event, you can save some by buying some. This deal expires 11/28.
- For boots at Koolaburra, save $50 off a $300 purchase using code KOOLBLACK. Expires 12/28.
- At ToryBurch, get a free Tory Burch tote with any purchase of $150+ AND receive 30% off purchases of $300 by using promo code GetGifts. Expires 11/29 and excludes Reva flats.
Groupon, the website that features a daily deal at significant discounts, is offering a great fashion deal. For the price of $25, you will receive a $50 gift card to Nordstrom Rack. We’ve never seen Nordstrom Rack so much as offer a coupon or promo code, so we almost didn’t believe this deal was for real until we purchased and then used the gift card printout in store ourselves. Folks, it’s legitimate!
A few things to note about this deal.
- The gift card deal is only visible within certain cities but you can go ahead and purchase from those cities and still use the card at any Nordstrom Rack location.
- You must purchase this deal by this weekend. Afterward, a new deal will be feature on Groupon.
- If the deal is not listed as the main featured deal, look on the right sidebar under “More Great Deals Nearby” or switch to a different city, such as Chicago, Cleveland, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Miami, San Diego, Long Island, San Antonio, etc.
- You must use your Nordstrom Rack gift card by the end of the year.
I don’t buy shoes because they are in fashion or stylish, per se. I simply like them – and if I think I will still like them seasons and years from now, I may be willing to spend higher prices for that – as I perceive it – value. But, if I can find that same shoe a little bit later at a discount, that is like a double-win.
As a result, I love YOOX. You can find fabulous after-season shoes at some great discounts. As I slowly shape up my budget, I will definitely be visiting YOOX with more regularity. As it is, my YOOX dreambox(wishlist) is almost always full.
So, here are a handful of Renee Caovilla sandals that I have been eying over at YOOX but have not yet decided whether to add to my YOOX dreambox.
I like these almost as much as the floral versions shown here. But, the price on these beaded sandals is accessible, if not exactly cheap; giving them more than a slight edge over the $835 floral version…and doesn’t that base price rising from $590 to $835 show us just how much prices have changed over just a couple of years?
These are cute, but I’m a little leary of slides. I’m occasionally clutsy on my feet, so I generally like to have a slingback or ankle-strap to protect me from my occasionally betraying ankles. Plus, my pants inevitably get caught between my heel & the top of the slide. Annoying. But, if you want a different way to indulge current trends while clog styles are still extra-hot on the fashion scene, these are refreshingly different. And, once the current fad for clogs die down, they’ll still be an adorable pop of color.
Okay, here’s one of those YOOX downsides. I love how different these sandas are while still being crazy-cute and sweetly-sexy. But there are currently no pairs in my size. These are a possible dreambox entry anyway, just to remind me to keep an after-market eye-out for these.
Ah, bling – always a great place to start on shoes. Yet again, my size is not available. If you are a size 10 or 12, though, these are just waiting for a loving new home.
What do you think? I’m definitely loving the first pair the most out of all of these, but all of them have at least a little bit of my attention.