Here are some of the major things I’ve learned about Spring 2008 shoe trends during the latest Mercedes-Benz NY Fashion week:
- metallics are truly the new neutrals;
- vinyl is here to stay (and somewhere, an angel just lost his wings just like that);
- patents ain’t going nowhere, either;
- a little yellow goes a long way;
- grey goes with everything (really) (no, really); and
- bold, architectural construction (think cutouts, laces, brash weaving, and striking heel or vamp details)–is in.
(Photo by Mat Szwajkos/Getty Images for Gottex)