posted by: shoesense in Boots, Dolce & Gabbana Shoes, Flats, High heels, L'Autre Chose Shoes, Marc Jacobs Shoes, Oxfords, Piperlime, Shoe Trends, Sigerson Morrison Shoes, Slingbacks, Taryn Rose Shoes, Tory Burch Shoes, Zappos on October 2nd, 2007
Purple is such an autumnal color for me. Not literally, of course–maroons and oranges and browns would probably more appropriate for the color palette of the season. Metaphorically though, it’s evocative of twilights, it’s melancholy, it’s spiritual–just like fall can be. Which is why I stubbornly look for purple shoes every time fall comes, just to get me in the mood.
Ok, it’s also a fun, fun, FUN color to wear, I admit. Happy now?
Here are seven of my favorite purple picks for this fall:
1) Sigerson Morrison violet suede pointy-toe skimmer, with a demure Mary Jane buckle and bold silver lining, $379 at Zappos:
2) Tory Burch ‘Quinn’ quilted patent ballet flat, lined in deep purple and featuring the signature ornament on the vamp, $225 at Plaza Too:
3) Dolce & Gabbana assymetrical high-throat, peep-toe pump, with cutout detail at the heel, $454 at Zappos (very appropriate come witch season, may I add):
4) Taryn Rose ‘Desi’ ankle boot, with black patent rosette detail, $645 at Nordstrom–absolutely stunning:
5) L’Autre Chose distressed leather oxfords (very in this fall), $174 at Yoox:
6) Vince Camuto ‘Heaven’ cutout patent pumps, $128 at Zappos:
7) Marc Jacobs violet slingback with frayed grosgrain trim, $355 at Shoes.com: