posted by: Shomore in Shoe Contests on November 28th, 2010
Everyone can use a good pair of boots, right? How about free boots? That’s a no brainer to me. Well, ladies, this is a friendly reminder to enter our Sperry TopSider Boot giveaway. We will have 2 winners and right now your chances of winning are too good to boot, literally.
The rules are simple. You only need to leave a comment HERE ON THE ORIGINAL CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT, indicating which boots you want and how you would style them. Right now, Sperry’s Bayshore boot seems like a popular pick, which I think it an excellent choice considering it reminds me of the fringe Pocahontas boots worn by the ultimate trendsetter, Kate Moss, but with the fringe swapped out for a warm and comfortable winter shearling collar.
But for those vertically challenged, including myself, I’d choose these Sperry’s Chatsworth boot. I was lucky enough to take these out for a test run during a reason winter storm. I gave these boots a 4.5/5 stars for the following reasons:
- Style – There isn’t anything I’d change about these boots. The furry lining is on trend for this season and would easily fit in at a 5 star luxury ski resort on some supermodel ski bunnies.
- Price - For full disclosure, I tested these boots out for free. They retail for $225. If you asked me how much I thought these boots were worth, I’d say over $500 or more like the luxury brands.
- Upkeep – Even though I adore the lighter color of these boots, they are made of suede and I’m a bit worried about how I’ll keep these beauties clean. I already sprayed a protective coating on them but we’ll see how the coating stands the test of time. It is for this reason, that I had to dock the boots a half star.
- Fit – Perfect. The boots fit true to size and are easy for wide calved women to slip on, especially since the side ‘buckles’ are attached with elastic bands.
- Functionality – I drudged through about .5 inches (yes, that’s a lot to me) of snow in these boots and am happy to report I didn’t slip once AND I felt really warm.
Okay, if you are in love with these boots or even if you do not (there are 3 other options from you to choose from), I really to encourage you to enter HERE.