(AP photo @ Telegraph.co.uk)
- In a contrasting bright spot of economic news, cobblers, whose numbers have been dwindling for lack of interest by the new working generation, are weathering the current financial downturn as customers turn to cobblers to stretch their shoe-dollars. (c/o jacksonville.com)
- The BATA shoe museum in Toronto, Canada, has opened a new exhibit: “On a Pedestal: From Renaissance Chopines to Baroque Heels“. The exhibit opened this November and will run through September 20, 2010. and features about 70 pairs of shoes dating from the 16th and 17th centuries with many on loan from museums in Italy, Britain, Sweden, Austria and the United States (c/o The Canadian Press).
- Victoria Beckham’s devotion to fashionable footwear comes at a painful price; bunion surgery is recommended. (c/o dailymail.co.uk)
(Image @ gallery at link below)
- Kim Kardashian goes shopping with Mom in NYC. Kim asks, “What do you think of those turquoise boots?” (c/o kimkardashian.celebuzz.com)
- A quick reminder: Jimmy Choo’s Project Pep “You, Your Shoes, and 72” is down to the last 5 days for accepting contest entries if you are feeling creative.