posted by: shoesense in This week in shoes on June 24th, 2007
Here at Shoeblog we like to keep you in the loop with all the news we can gather about shoes. So, without further ado, here’s the inaugural column on past week’s happenings in shoes.
- What’s more relevant: Shoes or politics? Via Shoeaholics Anonymous.
- The Beauties and the Sniffer (shoe fetish to the (gross) maxx).
- A political kind of shoe fetish: Soon to be ex-Prime Minister Tony Blair owes it all to Church’s shoes. Or so some have us think.
- Recent shoe brands have claimed to improve diabetes or arthritis symptoms, tone the leg, improve circulation, etc. But are they all they claim to be? This Daily Mail article investigates shoe health claims (yes, including Fitflops, MBT trainers, and…Crocs!)
- Famous shoes highlight domestic violence. An exhibit that does just that.
- Researcher discovers why women wear red shoes. Finally, you can put your mind at ease. In related news, shoes make women’s pulse race. Oh, and shoes are an important decision for graduation!
- Jessica Biel’s dog chews Justin Timberlake’s shoes. Say it with us: Awwwww! Down, Pointer, down!
- The latest in a series of exposes about the dangers of wheeled shoes, yes, including the famous Heely’s.
- Ever wonder if high heels can get you in trouble with the police? Here’s your answer. (Clue: Clickety-click!)
- Finally, Casadei shoes to save Asian elephants. They look good, too: