If you wanna save money, you can use brother compatible ink cartridges. Now compatible ink cartridges is becoming popular and can save your money vs OEM. Here recommend you several types of popular Brother Printer Toner Cartridges, such as Brother TN2220, Brother hl-2130 toner, Brother TN2010, Brother LC900, Brother TN2000, Brother LC980, Brother LC1000, Brother LC1100. But when you see spots, gaps, streaks and unclear colors, that means clogs happens.
To prevent your printhead to clog, please read below:
1. Don't leave your printer idle for too long time, the recommended time is only a week.
2. Weak flow will make the ink to dry in the print head, and let the tiny wires within your print head overheat and burnout.
That's why it is extremely important to be sure that the nozzle flow properly. And to you can keep them flowing you'll want to keep your printer's compatible ink cartridge nozzles clean and print heads clear.
You can do the following:
1) You need to print out color images once a week at least.
2) You need to run the cleaning program when you change ink cartridges
3) You need to run the utilities to diagnose your printer at least a month
4) You need to make sure you have good ink flow
You can print a testing page at least one time a month to make sure the printer heads remain in shape. I know some Brother printers will run a manage program on start-up, so you can check whether the ink cartridge nozzles is clear by just turning the printer on/off often. Some brother printers perform a cleaning action when doing printing, which can also ensure the nozzles are clean.
So, you can follow my advice, and enjoy printing by your brother printer with compatible ink cartridges.