These days, the Air Jordan is worn more for fashion than for playing basketball. A lot of people wear J's that don't even play, or wouldn't do so in them for fear of damaging the shoes. For those of you that actually buy basketball shoes for basketball and are fans of the brand, here are the Top 5 Air Jordans to play in:
1) Air Jordan Retro 6. The Retro 6 is essentially a high top basketball shoe, Ankle support is extremely important when playing basketball. Not only does this shoe fill that requirement, but it also has the "air bubble" for cushion and comfort. It has the best attributes of the following shoes all-in-one.
2) Air Jordan Retro 9: This is a high top basketball shoe as well. Which gives it supreme ankle support. It also has the inner "sock" that fits your foot like a glove for additional overall support.
3) Air Jordan Retro 11. (Space Jam make-up) This style has a fully attached tongue. So, it fits snugly around your foot for stability and support. It also has a relatively high rise around the ankle for added support.
4) Air Jordan Retro 8. With two straps that criss-cross your foot, as well as a high rise around the ankle, this shoe provides ultimate overall support. The ability to tighten or loosen straps as necessary also allows the shoe to fit more comfortably.
5) Air Jordan Retro 4. This shoe has the air bubble for added cushion, as well as serviceable ankle support.